Entertainment

Disney CEO Bob Iger says he will step down in 2021, a succession plan is forming

David Paul Morris | Bloomberg | Getty Images

Robert Iger, chief executive officer of the Walt Disney Co., arrives for a morning session at the Allen & Co. Media and Technology Conference in Sun Valley, Idaho, U.S., on Thursday, July 12, 2018. 

Disney CEO Bob Iger said that he is definitely stepping down from his post at the company in 2021.

Disney+, a streaming service filled with original movies and television shows as well as Disney’s slate of classic animated and live-action content.

There were rumors last month that Disney’s internal restructuring was setting up two top executives as potential successors to Iger.

Kevin Mayer, 55, the company’s head of strategy, was named chairman of a new direct-to-consumer and international segment. And Robert Chapek, 58, head of parks, added consumer products to his oversight.

Former consumer products head James Pitaro, 48, was named as the head of ESPN, but is considered a long shot for the role of CEO.

Read More

Related Articles

Back to top button
>