Entertainment

Joe Giudice will remain behind bars at end of prison sentence – Page Six

March 8, 2019 | 3:51pm

Joe Giudice’s future in the United States remains unclear, but his future behind bars is certain for now.

Giudice, 46, had been set to be released on March 14, but now the Federal Bureau of Prisons lists his release date as “unknown” as he awaits the decision on his deportation appealTeresa Giudice‘s husband is serving a 41-month prison sentence for fraud and had been set to be deported to his native Italy afterward. Now his case is in limbo, as the Executive Office for Immigration Review recently confirmed to Page Six that the case was still under review.

“The custodial aspect of Mr. Giudice’s federal sentence does in fact expire on or about March 14, 2019,” Teresa Giudice’s attorney James J. Leonard Jr. told us Friday. “However, due to the immigration order and detainer lodged against him, that is not a release date meaning he is not coming home on that date. We are optimistic that once his appeal is heard, he will receive the appropriate relief and will be able to come home and remain there with his family. They love him, they support him and they miss him tremendously.”

The appeal process could take up to a year to complete and unless he is released by the court, he will remain detained, an insider told us about the situation. The insider noted that Giudice will likely be transferred to an immigration hold facility in the coming weeks.

“Teresa and the kids are still visiting him, speaking to him and emailing him,” the insider added. “That will be limited once he is released to immigration hold facility.”

“Real Housewives of New Jersey” stars Teresa and Joe have been married since 1999 and share four daughters: Gia, 18, Gabriella, 15, Milania, 13, and Audriana, 10. Teresa, 46, revealed on the “RHONJ” reunion that they would divorce if a judge ordered him back to Italy.

Read More

Related Articles

Back to top button
>